The Center for Disease Control estimates that some 60 million people in America have parasites. Other recent studies estimate that in developing countries like the Philippines, Mexico, Central America and even China, as many as 60% to 80% of the people are living with parasites. In addition, the average person has anywhere from 2 to 6 pounds of bacteria living in your body as well. But unlike parasites, most of this bacteria is healthy.
My Personal Experience
I’ve been traveling for work to places like India, SE Asia, East Europe and Africa since 2006. That being said, I’ve had a few nasty run-ins with parasites (mostly intestinal) so I’m trying to get better at learning how to deal with them. The first time was in 2007 when I contracted ameba in India. It took several months before the symptoms got bad enough that I knew something was wrong. It started off with just a loss of energy and the occasional lose bowel movements but within a few months, I had lost several pounds of weight and got distended stomach. I could barely go outside for more than a couple hours at a time without needing to rest. I had several tests but those tricky little buggers aren’t always detectable in your stool samples so it wasn’t until I was admitted into a hospital (after collapsing in a public market) that they found it after a few days and several tests. They also discovered it had ruptured my intestine and was poisoning my blood. This is an extreme case, most people live with parasites with little to no affect on their body but every once in a while, they can wreak havoc on your guts and make you feel like you were dying or wish you would just die and get it over with.
Do You Have Parasites?
If you’ve ever traveled to a developing country, regularly eat pork or especially sushi, the answer is probably. You have somewhere around an 80% increased chance of having intestinal parasites. Furthermore, if you have a beer belly that just won’t go away, no matter how hard you exercise and diet, that could also be another sign that you may have some creatures happily living in your guts.
Pharmaceutical vs Natural
Western medicine is amazing. Literally billions of people wouldn’t be alive today without it. That being said, antibiotic and anti-parasitic medications should be your first choice! They can be really rough on your body and make you feel worse than the parasite but in the end, seeking proper medical treatment and pharmaceutical drugs is the best route. If like me, you have limited access to the best and most updated drugs and your body is very sensitive to the drugs and you are frustrated with dealing with inapt doctors in underdeveloped countries, you might want to try a natural parasite detox. But I warn you this is not the EASY route!
Anti Parasitic Pharmies
- Metronidazole (Flagyl) Dracunculiasis, giardiasis, trichomoniasis, and amebiasis.
- Mebendazole (Vermox)- Intestinal Pinworms, Hookworms, Whipworms, & Ascaris.
- Aldendazole (Albenza)- Roundworms (Nematodes) & Systemic Eggs/Larva/Cysts.
- Niclosamide & Praziquantel- Tapeworm.
- Praziquantel- Schistosoma and liver flukes.
- Bendazole- Worms found in fish.
Natural Anti Parasitics
Try to get your hands on as many of these ingredients as you can and feel free to mix them. Take these natural products once or twice a day while practically starving yourself of almost anything else.
- Diatomaceous earth (D.E., diatomite)- take before bed start with 1/2 teaspoon a day in water and increase to 2 tablespoons for 7 days. Do Not Inhale the powder.
- Apple cider vinegar- 1oz shot daily on empty stomach.
- Papaya seeds or extract- 1/4 cup crushed up once a day for 7 to 10 days.
- Coconut juice- Only the pure natural stuff with no preservatives. How do you know if its natural? Because it goes bad in just few day of cracking open the coconut and that’s only if its sealed and refrigerated.
- Coconut virgin cold pressed oil- 1oz shot once a day.
- Coconut cold pressed milk- Must be fresh and goes bad fast. 1/2 liter in one sitting. Will cause bloating and pain and cause violent diarrhea. (did it once and it really hurt but flushed me out like crazy)
- Lemon and Lime- drink fresh squeezed without sugar.
- Sea salt flush- 2 teaspoons mixed in water and drink in the morning on empty stomach for 7 days.
- Ginger- Remove skin and blend or try to eat as much as possible.
- Melaleuca extract- 10 drops in water.
- Lavender extract- 10 drops in water.
- Clove extract- Eat 4 whole cloves or 20 drops in water.
- Cinnamon bark oil- 10 drops in water.
- Oregano extract- Buy capsules or 20 drops in water.
- Black walnut extract- 10 drops in water.
- Black seed or oil- 20 drops in water
- Thyme extract oil- 20 drops in water
- Cayenne pepper- Buy capsules or take two teaspoons.
- Turmeric- Buy capsules or take two teaspoons.
- Graviola leaves- Buy capsules or two teaspoons.
- Moringa leaves- Buy capsules or two teaspoons.
- Ampalaya leaves- Buy capsules or two teaspoons.
- Banaba leaves- Buy capsules or two teaspoons.
- Garlic- Eat chopped or whole cloves.
- Grapefruit seed extract- Buy capsules or extract 10 drops in water.
- Pumpkin seeds- eat as many as you want.
- Turpentine- Only 100% pure gum spirits. I teaspoon with castor oil for 3 days.
Foods to Avoid
These are foods you absolutely cannot eat while cleansing!
- any dairy whatsoever,
- any sugars whatsoever,
- fruits (unless mentioned e.g. pineapple, lemons)
- processed foods,
- any meats,
- beer and if you must drink, have a spirit neat or on the rocks only.
Foods to Eat
Really the less you eat, the better. You need to weaken and starve the parasites but here’s some items I snacked on that seemed to be okay and some even help kill the parasites…
- coconut meat*
- olive oil
- chili peppers
- green apples
- fresh blueberries
- sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds*
Keep Your Guts Moving
Its very common to get constipated while cleansing so take castor oil and enzymes to help keep your bowels moving. I also highly recommend activated charcoal to help clean and flush because the parasites will release lots of toxins as they die off.
While the parasites are dying off they will release chemicals that will effect your hormones and mental state. You can get very sad and depressed but just remember its temporary and you will come out of it feeling happier and more energetic than ever!